When you have questions about C# 6.0 or the .NET CLR and its core Framework assemblies, this bestselling guide has the answers you need. C# has become a language of unusual flexibility and breadth since its premiere in 2000, but this continual growth means there’s still much more to learn.
Organized around concepts and use cases, this thoroughly updated sixth edition provides intermediate and advanced programmers with a concise map of C# and .NET knowledge. Dive in and discover why this Nutshell guide is considered the definitive reference on C#.
- Get up to speed with all aspects of the C# language, from the basics of syntax and variables, to advanced topics such as pointers and operator overloading
- Dig deep into LINQ via three chapters dedicated to the topic
- Learn about dynamic, asynchronous, and parallel programming
- Work with .NET features, including XML, networking, serialization, reflection, security, application domains, and code contracts
- Explore the new C# 6.0 compiler-as-a-service, Roslyn
List Price: $ 59.99
Price: $ 44.86
Be a Better Developer and Deliver Better Code
Despite advanced tools and methodologies, software projects continue to fail. Why? Too many organizations still view software development as just another production line. Too many developers feel that way, too—and they behave accordingly.
In The Software Craftsman: Professionalism, Pragmatism, Pride, Sandro Mancuso offers a better and more fulfilling path. If you want to develop software with pride and professionalism; love what you do and do it with excellence; and build a career with autonomy, mastery, and purpose, it starts with the recognition that you are a craftsman. Once you embrace this powerful mindset, you can achieve unprecedented levels of technical excellence and customer satisfaction.
Mancuso helped found the world’s largest organization of software craftsmen; now, he shares what he’s learned through inspiring examples and pragmatic advice you can use in your company, your projects, and your career.
You will learn
- Why agile processes aren’t enough and why craftsmanship is crucial to making them work
- How craftsmanship helps you build software right and helps clients in ways that go beyond code
- How and when to say “No” and how to provide creative alternatives when you do
- Why bad code happens to good developers and how to stop creating and justifying it
- How to make working with legacy code less painful and more productive
- How to be pragmatic—not dogmatic—about your practices and tools
- How to lead software craftsmen and attract them to your organization
- What to avoid when advertising positions, interviewing candidates, and hiring developers
- How developers and their managers can create a true culture of learning
- How to drive true technical change and overcome deep patterns of skepticism
Sandro Mancuso has coded for startups, software houses, product companies, international consultancies, and investment banks. In October 2013, he cofounded Codurance, a consultancy based on Software Craftsmanship principles and values. His involvement with Software Craftsmanship began in 2010, when he founded the London Software Craftsmanship Community (LSCC), now the world’s largest and most active Software Craftsmanship community, with more than two thousand craftsmen. For the past four years, he has inspired and helped developers to organize Software Craftsmanship communities throughout Europe, the United States, and the rest of the world.
List Price: $ 37.99
Price: $ 28.09
[wprebay kw=”c+software” num=”10″ ebcat=”-1″] [wprebay kw=”c+software” num=”11″ ebcat=”-1″]
Find More C Software Products